Friday, June 5, 2009

One week down, Eight to go!

We just finished the first week at PACER. How time flies! Seems just like yesterday that we drove into the campus after it was already dark and was desperately looking for ECA apartments at the end of our ten hour drive. Add anohter five for Jeremy.

I am really getting down to it though I must say I am spending way too much time and have hardly any free time at all. I spent the major part of yesterday to write the program using random number generator to spell my name inspite of my tweny years of programming experience. It shows how rusty I am as I have not done any serious programming since I left industry in 1990. But I finally got it working which is a relief as I was having some serious self doubt.

While talking to my wife yesterday I found my dog is somewhat distressed as she is very attached to me. She would wait for my return everday to take me for a walk no matter how late it is. Afterwards she would give me a hug. Seems she still waits at night around 8 o'clock for me to come back from work looking at the door. She is not eating and throws her food around. Now I am distressed. How do you make a dog understand the reality?

All in all everything appears to be going fine now. I need to get ready this weekend for my presentation in the ASEE conference on June 16th. This weekend is going to be very busy as I need to do some housekeeping duties as well as, cooking, laundry etc.

So long for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment