Friday, June 12, 2009

The Heat is On!






Well, things have started to heat up. As the mercury climbed outside, so has the pressure to get more work done in a limited time. We are so far keeping up with our software building task and have been able to complete writing a more or less flight ready code which of course has to be tested. Our ham classes and initiation on hands-on transmitting is also going on well.

But it is the multitude of tasks that I have to take care off is getting on my nerve. Apart from normal house keeping tasks here I have to take care of some of the normal house keeping tasks of my Albany home like paying bills on time after verifying the charges by phone conversation with my wife and sometimes ending up arguing with the bank associates late at night. Not to mention I still have not finished finalizing my schedule while I will be in Austin starting this Sunday. I need to have another attempt to fit my own presentation in the 20 minute slot they will give me. It will be even more trying time than here as some of the early sessions will start at 7 o'clock in the morning and will continue till upto 8 in the evening. But overall I am still looking forward to my Austin trip as I will get to listen to the educators throughout the country and abroad talking on the new techniques being developed and applied on teaching and learning. There will be some industry leaders presenting the plenary talks on all of the three days of ASEE conference.

I am also getting somewhat concerned about how our group is going to fare when I am out of station particularly when they have to start working on their PDR within a week of my coming back. I have given them some assignments and hope they will get some preliminary research done.

Let me share some of the photos that I took last week when I got a chance to visit downtown before signing off. I will try to make at lease one post from Austin.

So long!

No comments:

Post a Comment