Sunday, June 7, 2009

My first weekend at Baton Rouge

So, I spent my very first weekend at Baton Rouge. Well, this is the first time I got a chance to get out of the campus other than obligatory visits to local WalMart to get grocery. Friday I went to one of the many YMCA in the city and spent more than an hour on treadmill and other cardio machines. Saturday, I went downtown to see the normal touristy staff. I did not spend much time, but I like the riverfront including the very imposing USS KIDD. Hope to come back soon and this time I will go inside the ship. I believe the navy airplane outside is A6 Corsair or it may be A7 Vought. I am not quite upto my airplane recognition ability nowadays.

I did get some other staff done as I planned including what are the sessions I will like to attend at Austin next week. AIAA national conference is such a huge event that without a plan one get completely lost as what happened to me when I first attended two years back. I practiced my own presentation once but I need to get a couple of more dry runs to get it down to 20 minutes that I will be allowed.

It is already past one in the morning and I better get to bed to be on time tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment