Monday, June 15, 2009

Hello from Austin!




Hello all,




I arrived in Austin Saturday night and by the time I reached hotel it is past 10:30 pm. Sunday I attended 3 workshops, one on "hands-on Materials learning for K-12 students", one on "self-assesment on ABET accrediatation" and one on "recruitment & retentions in 4 major universities". As is usual for ASEE, they arrange a get-together (paid by the participant) in the evening called "picnic".




Today I attended two plenary talks including one from the national chairman of NSBE Dr. Carl Mack and Dr. Bin Gu, President of China's largest engineering university. Mack is a very energetic speaker and he can really motivate the audience to the cause of NSBE and how everyone can get involved . Since then I attended 10 technical presentations. Now I am going to get back to hotel. I have to attend a 7:00 am session tomorrow morning. My moderating session is at 10:30 in the morning and my own presentation is in the afternoon.




See you all after I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment